Sunday, May 30, 2010

today


Sold
Today I went to a party at the river in downtown Jacksonville. There was a clam chowder cook off but I forgot to eat. I was too busy painting. I set up right in the middle of the event in front of the "Back Porch Gut Bucket band". They played the saw, spoons and wash tub bass and a bucket bass. One of the guys was having so much fun I had to paint his picture. Here it is. If you look in the background you can see him. He liked it so much he bought it on the spot. Yahoo! I can get more paint!!!! My favorite was the second picture I did. I do not have a picture of it though. Anyway, I painted some water, a dock and a little girl sitting on it. The little girl saw the picture and since it was just a quick painting I gave it to her. Her mother said that they had been walking around and her daughter was telling her how badly she wanted it. She was soooooo excited when I gave it to her! I have to say it was better than the check I got for the first one. She was ten years old and very thankful. Today was a great day of painting!

2 comments: