Monday, April 5, 2010

last weeks work






Here are a few from the last week. The first one is the last pear I did in oil. I did like trying oils again but was very frustrated with the difficulty of putting in the highlights. I think for now I am going to concentrate on acrylics. I then did this picture of a working woman. I intentionally left her features indistinct because it could be anybody for that matter. The daffodil picture was a still life I did with the "brush-ka-teers". I sent an email to someone to show them that painting and they bought it immediately along with the books and pearls painting I displayed earlier. I then borrowed some civil war items from Bernie Rosage and did my own 11x14 still life of them. Struggled a lot with choosing a background color. Lastly I did a scene in downtown New Bern, NC. I thought I was out of the way in this alley/passage way. I was intending to quietly paint and just see what comes out. Well I had at least 70 people walk through there and stop to watch. What pressure. Here it is, it is the episcopal church in the downtown area. Thanks for looking and as always, feel free to comment. Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment