Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Brock Mill Pond

SOLD!
In Trenton North Carolina there is a small mill. At one time it was the only one around for 15 miles and powered a number of things in town. It has since lost its usefulness but never the less it is still a treasure. The mill still stands (minus the water wheel) and from time to time you can find one of the caretakers there and they will let you in. Daily you can see locals in there cars having their lunch while looking out on the pond. It is nothing to see a few cars parked alongside it and people peeking in the windows during tourist season. I painted this with acrylics on a stretched canvas in an 11x14 format. I did this from a photograph I took. This summer I will go back and paint it plein aire. As always, feel free to comment. Dean

2 comments:

  1. thanks Bernie! I wanted to bring it monday but I have to work! Thank God! :)

    ReplyDelete